Friday, January 19, 2007

star wars?

This morning on NPR there was talk of countries arguing about not wanting to 'militarize space'. Apparantly China tested out an anti-sattelite missle system, blowing up an old weather sattelite as a test. I guess they did it without asking good ol' America's permission. It got me to thinking- whichever country can get a bunch of sattelites into space set up with powerful lasers that can aim with pinpoint accuracy (is this even possible? or do i watch too much sci-fi...) would rule the world. Because anyone that crossed them could be pulverized into a pile of ashes with the push of a button! It would be like being god, everyone would run around afraid of punishment from above.... Hmmm, I smell a script here....



Along with much of the rest of the country, I've been watching American Idol again lately. Three good things that have come out of this- family bonding time, seeing my son squirm in major discomfort when even the most miserable ridiculous singers are brought to tears by the merciless judges mockeries (actually the only time I actually got choked up was when one kid who's parents didn't support his singing efforts so didn't come with him for the audition, he made it through and was so happy but had no one to celebrate with, had to call his mom on the phone and stand alone in the hallway), and this conversation:

J: who do you think is the best singer in the family?
C&J: DEFINITELY mom!

This is why you should have kids. :P
I actually have no talent in the singing department! My sister got all of those genes!

By the way, I laughed out loud like FIVE TIMES watching 30 Rock last night. That NEVER happens when I watch sitcoms, not even the ones I like, like My Name is Earl (which had John Waters on it last time playing a mortitian). I have chuckled a few times watching Scrubs though. Anyway I used to think that show was only OK but now I'm going to have to give it a second chance. Five times! Out loud! I hope it wasn't just a fluke

5 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

:-O The last line of this article is: "If given the green light, an operational fleet of lasers could be placed in space around 2020."
Who's the sci-fi geek now!

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We don't need a space laser. We have missiles that can hit a target on the other side of the earth with pinpoint accuracy.

 
At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i recommend that you watch all of the office, the best show ever, at tv-links.co.uk
they also have a million other shows you can watch, but the office is probably the best one.and i mean the american one becsuae the british version is less good. the office makes me laugh out loud alla time.

 
At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too love the Office - shit is hilarious. tho watching the British version just isn't the same. i just don't get it. :p I might give 30 Rock a chance again too, when i watched it i was pretty underwhelmed. oh well, maybe its getting better with time!

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do NOT go to websites like tv-links.co.uk (which I haven't visited but there's a couple sites like that). You will spend your life staring at mindless junk. It is ee-vil. You've been warned.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home