Friday, April 21, 2006

Vegas, baby

So, my company is sending me to an all expense paid trip to Las Vegas in June to attend the How Design Conference. I fear my coworkers may be pissed because they are only sending me, but its not like I made that decision! Also to top off the pissed-offedness in my office, I asked for a laptop a while ago which they suddenly decided to deliver on. I feel the irritation rolling off of my department like waves of loathing lapping against the golden sandy shores of luck-island.

*sigh* no love.

Well, a small price to pay for such an opportunity. Not only do I get to go to Vegas for the first time for free, during the work week, probably staying at Mandalay Bay, but the conference is going to be sooo cool. One of the speakers is this freak, Ze Frank!! I am so going to that session no matter what.

Anyway, viva las vegas and now you can read this fascinating article about SAVANTS.

A three year-old savant drew this horse.

Thats insane.

4 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger Noam said...

Las Vegas is cool, but I'm being sent to Austin! Texas! I'll be there for a whole six hours before another four hour flight back. In your face!

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger CMD said...

sweet!

i don't guess gambling money counts as an "expense"

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

I am pissed off, but not at you. I'm pissed off at ~M for making knee-jerk decision because he's a penny pincher and he just wants to show the board every year how much many he saved. I'm also pissed at ~B for being a spineless, gutless, turd of a leader who's afraid to make decisions or stand up for his department because down the road he might be accountable for those decisions.

In addition, i'm pissed at ~M, for being selfish. She's pissed off for different reasons. I know that she resents you for going. What she wanted was for herself to go. What she also wanted was for you to decline the offer so she could throw it back in their faces.

I've already been to Vegas. I'd like to go again however, I'm getting my education paid for. So, I really have nothing to complain about.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger monica said...

yay! i love Ze Frank! he is my lover. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home