Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I hate valentines day

I hate valentines day.
Everyone is sad or lonely or stressed or dissapointed or feels bad, or defensive, or not good enough.
Why don't they just get rid of it!

Boyfriends should do romantic things for their girlfriends (and vice versa) without being compelled to do it by Hallmark Co.!

And, if couples get a holiday, shouldn't singles too?
It can be called, 'Free people day' and all couples have to buy a gift for their single friends.

They can make cards that say, 'Congratulations on being single. You never have to ask someone permission to go out, or base your self esteem on how much or how little someone does for you on valentines day. You can have sex with whoever you want. You never have to consider someone else's feelings. You rock, we envy you. '

How about that!

4 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Blogger NotCarrie said...

Whoa, good idea. Seriously!

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Mohammad said...

Ha ha, lol. Sounds like you had a good time though. I'm glad it worked out.

Check out my blog for that story I told you about.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Noam said...

Bitter, bitter, bitter. I love Valentine's Day. Even when I don't have a SO, I feel warm and fuzzy for all the other people out there who do.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger monica said...

i totally think there should be a singles day! and gifts for them! haha Lets do it! i can be your first friend to give gifts to. LOL

PS - what the hell kinda drugs is Noam on? and can i get some?! haha i'd love that kinda gaga gooey feeling!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home