Tuesday, November 08, 2005

ok ok a real post

Yes my posts have deteriorated as of late, due to extreme business, laziness, and getting ready for my trip to Hawaii (but only mentally!!)

In summary, this weekend was nice and chill, the weather was unreal (its November for godssake!) Saturday was spent in Manassas at a farmers market where we met V's mom & little bro as a suprise for her birthday, complete with flowers and a balloon. They say if you want to know if a man is a good man, see how he treats his mother. ;)

3 bags of free farm-fresh produce later, we went to a crazy 'Chinese' buffet called Wok and Roll (I swear, that's really what it was called) whereon the same buffet, side by side, there was chinese food, sushi, corn on the cob, fried chicken, pizza, pudding, soft serve ice-cream, and seafood. ugh. Then we had dinner in Sterling with Ang & Shawn at a Thai restaurant, delicious Drunken Noodles yummmmm! Then back home, watched the wizards game on TiVo, the only way I can watch sports without getting ADD. The next morning I was one corner away from winning the crossword puzzle, argh! No not the crossword puzzle for smart people like the NY Times, I'm talking about the Baltimore Sun crossword for people with brain damage from chewing on paint chips.

Sunday included a beautiful moonlight walk with the kids around Lake Elkhorn where we saw the sunset, Canadian geese honking in the distance, and a great blue heron silhouetted against the night sky. Then we came home and cooked dinner and watched 'Big'. Such a good movie but I have seen it way too many times! Its hard to find a movie that a 30 yr old, 12 yr old, and 7 yr old will all enjoy, that doesn't have too much adult content but also isn't too childish. The good news is, McCormick Lemon and Garlic seasoning is the bomb when sprinkled on microwave popcorn. Thanks Ar!

Last night I ended up at a talk about recycling in Baltimore at the Visionary Arts Museum. It was interesting but we missed the hors devours, which sucked, and I had to pee but was standing by the speaker so couldn't do it for a long time without attracting undue attention! I swear I saw Jim Norton there, who I went to high school with, but never found out for sure. The crazy thing is, at the same time as our event, in another location at the VAM, was some lady channeling someone from 3,000 years ago, or something weird like that!! It was $45 to see ! What an ingenious scam! So crazy, I would have loved to see that in person, if it wasn't so expensive I would have gone just for laughs.

1 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I was the one who said the thing about how a guy treats his mother, in several posts past. Hah i am subliminally influencing your thoughts! and BTW i am glad you didn't pay to watch someone summon demonic forces- that truely is CRAZY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home