Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mushrooms anyone?

What do you say to your 16 year old kid when he announces, 'I have decided I really want to try mushrooms.'

And he doesn't mean shiitake.

This actually happened to me recently during family dinner, no less. Apparently having done the research, finding psilocybin to be non-addictive with no harmful side effects, he decided this may be something worth checking out.

I guess its good that he feels OK bringing this sort of thing up in front of me, at least I have the opportunity to do some damage control! I went with the 'what if you want to become president or work for the FBI - you'll never be able to pass a lie detector test saying you never did illicit drugs' and the 'when you buy drugs off the streets, you never know exactly what you are getting or how safe or pure it is, its not like picking up tylenol at the WaWa (the wa-whut??)' and the ol' 'what if you have a bad trip' arguments. That was my best shot, the rest is up to fate I guess...

What would YOU say to YOUR kid?

4 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Ariella said...

Tell him you did it once and you still have night terrors to this day.
Tell him your friend did it and he committed suicide while simultaneously masturbating and shitting himself in public.
I don't know Shirley, nothing you ever tried telling me worked lol maybe you should try a different tactic.

 
At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Ariella said...

You could tell him that there are other mushrooms that grow right next to the ok ones, and they look exactly the same to the untrained eye, and they can make you really sick or even kill you.
Or you can tell him that they taste like SHIT. Which would actually be true.

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Mohammad said...

Tell him he'll never become president if he... ah fuck. Didn't this predsident AND the last one do COKE? Fuck it, let him eat the things, it's better than COKE, right?

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Noam said...

Scream at him about he'll break his mother's heart for doing something so disgusting to himself. Is that who you want to be, some kind of druggie?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home